Sunday, July 19, 2009

And So it Begins

I've had this blogger account for quite some time and I was thinking that perhaps it's finally time to utilize it. I believe I started a gaming blog on another blog-type site but I don't really remember that account right now. Oh well, it never hurts to start anew, does it?

I've actually started anew in a number of aspects recently. A little over a month ago I lost my job. The reason given was budget cuts. If that was not the real, true reason then I was never made aware. So now I've joined the masses that are desperately seeking work. I guess now I can say I had at least a somewhat summer vacation, hm?

I've also started anew in general. There were some...how shall we say this, bad lemons? Alright, there were some bad lemons in my life. They acted almost like parasites and I somehow got sucked in. I won't say I was completely innocent in the whole chaotic situation because I most definitely was not. But in all honesty, it had to be me to cut off the ties. I was never getting anything definite from them and so I had to finally get fed up and cut the ties all together. Honestly, I've never felt better. Yes, there comes a time where I sit and think how I may slightly regret it but I think it's just that small bit of me that's resistant to change. I'm slowly coming around to the idea and I think all-in-all it was the best thing I have ever done.

I'm also starting to remember why I love cooking so much. Now that I have plenty of time at home and not a lot of money to eat out as I used to, I've rediscovered cooking. Granted, I get lazy where I keep thinking "No I don't want to cook yet, too much preparation" but once you get into it's just really fun! All the aromas, the flavors, the excitement of getting everything right and to the exact taste you wanted is just wonderful!

I made chicken with Asian vegetables last night (originally meant to be broccoli) and I think I may make some crepes with whipped cream filling today. If I do, I'll try to put pictures up on here.

Expect a new blog soon and more than likely on my review of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

No comments: